To donate items to the Society we first need to consider the item/s being offered for its relevance to our collections. Please tell us as much information as possible about the item using the Donate Items Form, consider such things as:
• What is the history of the item?
• When, where and by whom was it made, owned or used?
• What stories surround the object or the people connected to it?
• What condition is the item in?
• What are its dimensions?
• Any other information about the story surrounding the item or the item itself (eg any distinguishing features, serial numbers, trade marks)
Complete and submit the Donate Items Form online, this allows you the opportunity to upload images of the item. Alternatively, you may choose to complete a written form (print form) and post it to PO Box 221, Cardwell 4849.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us prior to completing the forms to discuss your prospective donation. If you are intending to apply any restrictions to the society in the use/display of the object please speak with the Collections Officer to ensure clarity in your intent. For large items and you are within the Cardwell area, we are happy to make arrangements to visit with you at a mutually convenient time.
It may take several weeks before a decision is made and you must consider there is no guarantee that the CDHS will be able to accept items that are offered for donation, particularly as we lack storage space. Once the Collections Committee has met, you will be informed of the decision.